Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Hoot -- it's your birthday




This card was driven by the paper which I love -trouble is it's very busy . Once  the little owl was all coloured in I laid the stamp on top and used a sponge and some chalk to fill in the background giving this nice clean edge. Her eyes have glossy accents .

Crafting with Dragonflies  - challenge  - things with wings and stickpins - I did such a good job matching the colours my pin disappears on the card . I popped a bit of white card behind on the top pic to show off my pin.

5 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Such a good job indeed! What a lovely pin and what a lovely card in total - love paper piecing. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies for our current challenge to use a stick pin!

happyglitzygirl said...

Hi Gail, what a gorgeous card,love the colours and your stick pin looks fantastic, thanks for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

judith@poppy cottage said...

Fab card Gail, love the bright and cheery colours. Your owl image is great. Gorgeous stickpin which fits our Crafting with Dragonflies challenge perfectly, Judith xx

Susan Hogan said...

Gail - you might want to check the Crafting with Dragonflies post!

Merry said...

Wonderful Gail....I so love how you coloured the owl to match the paper.